What is The Art Cure?
The Art Cure is a breast cancer awareness art project conceived by international artist and boudoir photographer, Tatiana von Tauber. Its focus is to introduce the power of art in healing and coping with the dark sides of life. In coordination with The Horizon Gallery in downtown Savannah, I invite 30-40 breast cancer patients and/or survivors to participate by joining me in August 2010 to paint a work of art in a group setting whereby I’ll photograph their artistic journey, each participant and artwork painted all of which will be combined into “The Art Cure Diary”, a photographic essay in book form. All original paintings will be auctioned off for Susan G. Komen for the Cure (R) Coastal Georgia Affiliate and Young Survival Coalition.
Artistic interpretation is open so long as it relates in some way to the experience of breast cancer in one’s life.
What are the deadlines?
Various deadlines will be posted shortly. This project has a compact timeline and I’m diligently working with my team to pull it together.
Tentative dates for the group painting portion of this art project are Aug. 16th and 22nd. All registrations by participants must be in by August 10, 2010.
Friday, October 1, 2010 is The Art Cure’s projected opening at Horizon Gallery in downtown Savannah for VIPs, invited guests and press. Sunday, October 3, 2010 is planned for a public reception.
How can I help?
1) Spread the word. I’m looking for a maximum of 40 participants, women of all ages who are currently diagnosed with breast cancer or have survived it.
2) Donate $$. Without the sponsorship of community organizations and individuals like you this breast cancer awareness art project cannot be possible. We need lots of paint, brushes and canvases! Oh, and some food too. This will be a 2-day painting event!
3) Spread the word. Oh, yes. I mentioned that already. :0)
4) Have expertise to offer in exchange for fun and a great cause? Join The Art Cure Advisory Board. Please send an email to theartcure@gmail.com with your telephone number if you’re interested and I’ll call you to discuss it. I promise you'll hardly do a thing yet you'll be vital in the project.
5) Have larger funding budgets, services or products to offer? Your donation of funds, product, service, time and effort will be rewarded with a VIP invitation to The Art Cure’s opening in October, the official month of breast cancer awareness. You’ll also get an appreciation hug by my team and me upon arrival, maybe a press photo but I’ll guarantee an ad in the official opening program and mention on the official The Art Cure blog.
6) Donate money. This one must be mentioned twice as it’s as important as food. All funds collected for this project will go towards needed materials and costs to make this project happen. Any leftover funds will be donated to charity along with the final silent auction amount.
Write Tatiana von Tauber at theartcure@gmail.com with the option you want most to help with! I’d love this to be a community driven collaborative project. Everyone’s voice counts when it’s for the greater good. As a life long artist, art has healed my spirit a hundred times over. Art is the voice when words cannot be found.
Tweet The Art Cure breast awareness art project and thank you for your time and donations!
Gratefully yours,
Tatiana von Tauber
http://www.theartcure.blogspot.com/
www.twitter.com/theartcure
Hello Tatiana! Congratulations and best wishes!
ReplyDeleteI thank, support and encourage you! Renee